Authorize.net Gateway Merchant Account Virtual Point of Sale (VPOS)
Authorize.Net's Virtual Point of Sale (VPOS) turns any Internet-connected computer into a point-of-sale (POS) terminal with the simple addition of an inexpensive USB Human Interface Device (HID) swipe card reader.
VPOS is an easy-to-implement, easy-to-use, secure, and low-cost solution. Suitable for merchants of any size, VPOS is ideal for mall kiosks, doctors' clinics, lawyers' offices, trade shows, etc.
- Quick Setup - Our browser-based, hosted solution is enabled by simply plugging the swipe card reader into a USB port on your computer. For receipts, use your existing printer or a retail receipt printer.
- Risk Management - Sensitive data is stored in the Authorize.Net PCI-compliant data center, never on your computer.
- Secure - Unlike other solutions, VPOS maintains a locked connection between your card reader and browser, and alerts you if there is an unauthorized attempt to connect to the reader.
- Fast Checkout Times - Speed up checkout lines and improve customer satisfaction by authorizing credit card transactions in as little as three seconds.
Swipe Card Readers
VPOS-compatible swipe card readers can be purchased from a variety of POS providers for approximately $50.00 - $80.00. There are several compatible models.
- MagTek - Centurion model 21073075 configured to security level 2; and models 21040101, 21040102, 21040146, and 21040140.
- ID Technologies - MiniMag II models IDMB-335133BM and IDMB-335133M; and MiniMagDUO models IDMB-355133BM and IDMB-355133M.
For instant approval!